Wednesday, November 4, 2015

The girl behind the mirror

https://awarmplacewithin.files.wordpress.com/
2013/01/girl-looking-in-mirror.jpg
I can see a girl behind the mirror and I think I am the only person in the world that know her and know her feelings. As a little kid, she was sent to a daycare, where she found happiness and love. She found there her best friends and what she call today, her second family. In there, she learned how to be a great human being. When she left, she started in a school where she spent 8 years of her life. In that school she create memories, but also she have so many anecdotes. For example, it was in that school where she pull the fire alarm and makes all the people run outside, and it was in that school where she hit a door with her head running then to a hospital for stiches.
However, she needed to make a change in her life. So, she started in another school for 9th grade. The memories were more peaceful in this school, but in there she started to develop leadership. It was in this school where she notices her passion for sciences and it began to be more like a vocation than a simple class. Before she finished high school, she went to a summer program where she confirmed her passion for science in special for medicine. Then, a new journey begins. She was accepted in the University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus. In this college, science became a life. She has created a new album of memories in this college. This trip has been marked with professors, classmates, and grades. In this college, she was inspired to be a community leader. So, she founded an Organization and because of that, she use to see people smile in every activity. The most inspiring activity that the Organization have done, is giving food to homeless people. In this activity, she understands that people may be very grateful for a glass of water. Also, the people that are in worst conditions are the most inspiring ones. They are always believing in God and also, having faith. So, now… every time that I look at her at the mirror, I see a more grateful person and also, a more mature one. However, she still have many goals to came true. She wants to be admitted in the school of medicine, to make more research and to be more successful in her Organization. She want’s to make more people happy and she wants people to remember how kind she was with them.

So, Who is she? She is a very strong woman. She is the light of the eyes of many people, and the friend of many others. She is the model of 130 people who look at her and see a leader, a president, and a future M.D. However, she is a very simple girl. Her life has been surrounded of love and family. She has been blessed with her parents, grandparents and friends.  When she was a kid, she used to brush his grandparents hair. Some years later, she is still brushing their hair and getting the same love. That girl behind the mirror is happy of what she has and what she done. She is full of dreams and that’s why I am protecting that mirror everyday.  The mirror is where I see myself and in which every morning I can know how she’s thinking and how she’s feeling. Every morning, I visualize how happy and grateful I am, and I can give the strength and the power to that woman behind the glass.

4 comments:

  1. I like the creative point of view that you use in this post. I would have liked to see an ending asking who is she? She is me hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the creative point of view that you use in this post. I would have liked to see an ending asking who is she? She is me hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the way your telling your story. I enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the introduction and the title because of the metaphor.

    ReplyDelete