Tuesday, September 29, 2015

"Yo sería borincano aunque naciera en la luna"


I was born in the most awesome and beautiful place in the world. For me, a puertorrican is a person that is happy, loudly and love carrying. Living in Puerto Rico teach me that we make a holiday for everything and also, we celebrate everything. Puerto Rico is an island that you can feel the love in the air, especially in San Juan. If you are visiting Puerto Rico, I think that you have to go to San Juan, and sit in front of The Morro. That place for me is the most inspiring place in my island. Another place that inspire me the most is in the road to Mayaguez. After you pass Aguadilla, you will see a puertorrican flag that makes our heart beats faster, and makes me proud to be a latina "puertorriqueña".
Puerto Rican people and culture are very unique and different from the other countries. Puerto Rico is the island of the rumba. Here, you can find all food and all the music that you want. Puertorrican people may have economical situation. However, if you decide to go searching a Friday night, you will find Puerto Ricans reunited in family or with friends.
"El Vejigante"
https://liavette.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/vejigante.jpg
Salsa and Bomba is for me what defines us. Las fiestas de la calle de San Sebastián... people come to the island only to be in that fiesta. Puerto Rico is suffering right now an economical crisis. People are without work, and looking for stability. Because of that, we have seen an increase of people moving to the States to find that stability and new possibilities. To reunite our families, without spending much money, we go to road trips (know as "el chinchorreo"). That's why I could say that me and people of my island are happy. We can be mad with each other and in a situation we will be together, as a family. If you go to another side of the world, you can recognize a puertorrican. You can describe our accent and you can express that we are strong latinos. Also, if you are in a plane, you will know that a puertorrican is there because we applaud when we arrive. That's why I can say that "Puerto Rico, lo hace mejor"

Photo taken my me: El Morro
"Nací en la latitud perfecta, donde el sol tuesta & la lluvia refresca"
("I am from the perfect latitud, where the sun toast and the rain refreshes")

This is why we are the happiest country in the world: http://elvocero.com/forman-la-parranda-mas-grande-de-puerto-rico-en-el-choliseo/

4 comments:

  1. I loved the way you write about the pride of being a Puerto Rican and I quote
    "Nací en la latitud perfecta, donde el sol tuesta & la lluvia refresca" or "Yo sería borincano aunque naciera en la luna". I love the way we are and the way we scream even in our writing about Puerto Rico really is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice blogpost I liked how you lay foward some of the places that inspire you. Also how you point out how close we are a puertorican's, I did kind of the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with everything you're saying here. This are the qualities that really define us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete