Saturday, September 26, 2015

It's all About Me

Since I was born on September 6, 1994, I have been surrounded by people that love and appreciate me for who I am. I have been blessed throughout the 21 years of my life. I have a brother and 9 cousins. I am the baby girl of my family; my family is proud of what I have accomplished so far and they are sure that I will make a great physician one day.

The only thing that I want now is to be on Vieques with my family. However, this is not possible because of my grandmother's health. My grandma is a very special person to me and is important to my whole family. She is a peaceful person and always has the right words to say to comfort you. She inspired me to found a non profit organization. Because of my grandmother inspiring me, I have seen many smiles from grateful people that we have helped in the organization. I hope I will be a great doctor in the future. However I want to be the kind of doctor that helps people to help them and isn't in the profession necessarily for the money. The medicinal profession can be a profession that demonstrates its love for science and its passion for helping others. I want to help change the misconception that doctors are only doctors for the money. I know I can make a difference. Looking to the future, I am sure that my memories of my childhood on Vieques and grandmother will guide me in my life journey to take me where I need to go to make the most difference. I really want to be a doctor. However, I have a dream... I want to go to Paris. As Thomas Jefferson said, " A walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of life."

4 comments:

  1. The part about how you want to be a doctor that helps people is very nicely written! and also I liked the quote that you wrote on the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The part about how you want to be a doctor that helps people is very nicely written! and also I liked the quote that you wrote on the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you where from Vieques that took all my atention, for next time write more of your memories living in Vieques. That should be interesting to read about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked your pictures. I can identify with you because I want to become a doctor too.

    ReplyDelete