Sunday, September 27, 2015

Carl Jung: We are a people who live on the roof of the world. "Memories, Dreams & Reflections"

Carl Jung:
http://cdn8.openculture.com/wp-content/
uploads/2012/07/carl_jung-glasses.jpeg
Carl Jung was a swiss psychiatrist and psychotherapist who founded the analytic psychology. On his writings, special on his book, he emphasises on different trips that he had on his life. However, I think that he may have a different perceptions of what he really lived. This writings occurred after a few years he experiences those moments. On his travel to the pueblo indians, in America, he express that he can't believe that they are so devote for God. Also, he is so impress about the American thoughts of the white man.

 I think that he feels like a tourist and I don't think, however, that he is in the best position of judge those people thoughts. I think that his perception of those people are changed right now, and maybe if he write his thoughts just after he lived those moments, his writings will be different.

In the section of America, there are two distinct but yet related stories. One is about how the Pueblos see the white man who has colonizes them and is about to destroy their ancient culture. The second story goes into the mysteries of Indians ways of relating to nature and in particular the sun. The abiding connection to nature that I feel is the mythology of the ancients that lives in people. I often sense the great mystery just beyond the tangled knot of my mind. 
“After all,” he said, “we are a people who live on the roof of the world; we are the sons of the Father Sun, and with our religion we daily help our father to go across the sky. We do this not only for ourselves, but for the whole world. If we were to cease practising our religion, in ten years time the sun would no longer rise. Then it would be night forever.”

You should visit: http://www.cgjungpage.org/



4 comments:

  1. My favorite part of this blogpost is when you write " The abiding connection to nature that I feel is the mythology of the ancients that lives in people." that being said I had to read it more than once to understand it. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part of this blogpost is when you write " The abiding connection to nature that I feel is the mythology of the ancients that lives in people." that being said I had to read it more than once to understand it. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very nice book. I agree with you because sometimes it's hard to remember something we just did and to write something he lived so long ago there's a pretty good chance things aren't really the way he remembers them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very nice book. I agree with you because sometimes it's hard to remember something we just did and to write something he lived so long ago there's a pretty good chance things aren't really the way he remembers them.

    ReplyDelete